First virtual gala edition of Singapore’s most prestigious real estate awards programme draws impressive roster of finalists
- GuocoLand garners multiple nominations in competitive categories, in addition to the Real Estate Personality of the Year award to be presented to GuocoLand’s group managing director, Cheng Hsing Yao
- Highly awaited celebration of Singaporean real estate to be staged as virtual gala event that will air on AsiaPropertyAwards.com and partner channels
- Shortlisted developers to vie for nearly 40 awards, including new titles in the Developer, Development and Design categories
SINGAPORE – 7 October 2020
PropertyGuru, Southeast Asia’s leading property technology company, announced today the nominees moving on to compete at the 10th Annual PropertyGuru Asia Property Awards (Singapore) on Friday, 30 October 2020.
For this year’s edition, the PropertyGuru Asia Property Awards (Singapore) will be held as a virtual gala event and awards presentation for the first time ever. The highly awaited virtual celebrations will be broadcast on AsiaPropertyAwards.com and partner channels, including YouTube and Facebook.
Nearly 40 awards will be presented in this historic, landmark celebration of Singaporean real estate.
GuocoLand earned multiple nominations in the competitive categories. Cheng Hsing Yao, the company’s Group Managing Director, will receive the Real Estate Personality of the Year award. This is the only accolade not chosen by the independent judging panel but rather decided by the editors of PropertyGuru Property Report, the official magazine of the awards.
UOL Group Limited, winner of the prestigious Best Developer award last year, also returns this year with multiple nominations.
Other nominated developers include Aurum Land (Private) Limited; Bukit Sembawang Estates Limited; Fantasia (Park) Pte Ltd; Kajima Development Pte. Ltd. and Singapore Press Holdings Ltd.; Qingjian Realty; Macly Group; Soilbuild Group Holdings; TE2KS-RH Pte Ltd (JV with Tong Eng Group & Roxy Pacific Holdings); and Wing Tai Asia.
Pullman Residences, Newton by EL Development (Horizon) Pte Ltd and Forett at Bukit Timah by Qingjian Perennial (Bukit Timah) Pte Ltd garnered the most nominations among projects.
The Developer awards have been expanded to eight categories this year, in addition to the traditional titles of Best Developer and Best Boutique Developer. They include awards for Best Breakthrough Developer, Best Landed Developer, Best Industrial Developer, Best Lifestyle Developer, Best Residential Developer and Best Mixed Use Developer.
Shortlisted developments this year will compete in such newly introduced titles as Best Ultra Luxury Condo Development (Completed) and Best Sales Gallery Architectural Design.
The independent panel of judges consist of Wenhui Lim, Awards Chairperson and Partner, SPARK Architects; Benedict Andrew Lim, Principal Independent Advisor, Independent Advisory; Carolina Fagnani, Senior Director, Development, South East Asia and Pacific, Radisson Hotel Group; Chua Shang Chai, Partner, Dentons Rodyk & Davidson LLP; Greg Shand, Architect, Robert Greg Shand Architects; Henry Woon, Director, Atelier Ten; Joelle Chen, Programme Director, Beca; and Kristin Thorsteins, Partner, Portman Investment.
Roger Loo, Executive Director, Management Consulting Services for BDO Singapore, and Zee Chang Teng, Christopher, Manager, Management Consulting Services for BDO Singapore led supervisions for every stage of the judging process – upholding fairness and transparency in the selection of shortlisted nominees.
The 10th PropertyGuru Asia Property Awards (Singapore) is supported by platinum sponsor Kohler; official portal partner PropertyGuru.com.sg; official magazine PropertyGuru Property Report; official PR partner Klareco Communications; media partner Archibazaar; official charity partner Right To Play; official ESG partner Baan Dek Foundation; and official supervisor BDO.
The Winners and Highly Commended in these award categories will be presented at the virtual gala on 30 October 2020:
- Best Developer
- Best Boutique Developer
- Best Breakthrough Developer
- Best Landed Developer
- Best Mixed Use Developer
- Best Industrial Developer
- Best Lifestyle Developer
- Best Residential Developer
- Best Ultra Luxury Condo Development (Completed)
- Best Luxury Condo Development
- Best Boutique Condo Development
- Best Mega-Scale Condo Development
- Best Private Condo Development
- Best Landed Housing Development
- Best Strata Housing Development
- Best Industrial Development
- Best Integrated Development
- Best Mixed Use Development
- Best Green Development
- Best Residential Smart Building Development
- Best Industrial Smart Building Development
- Best Luxury Condo Architectural Design
- Best Boutique Condo Architectural Design
- Best Private Condo Architectural Design
- Best Mega-Scale Condo Architectural Design
- Best Sales Gallery Architectural Design
- Best Luxury Condo Interior Design
- Best Private Condo Interior Design
- Best Luxury Condo Landscape Architectural Design
- Best Private Condo Landscape Architectural Design
BEST OF SINGAPORE AWARDS
- Best Condo Development (Singapore)
- Best Housing Development (Singapore)
- Special Recognition for ESG
- Special Recognition in Sustainable Construction
- Special Recognition in Sustainable Design
- Special Recognition for Building Communities
Singapore Real Estate Personality of the Year
- Cheng Hsing Yao, Group Managing Director, GuocoLand
10th PropertyGuru Asia Property Awards (Singapore) gala livestream
Premier developers, developments and designs to be honoured virtually, providing access to limitless viewers from across the globe
Cleantech titan shares smart ways to reduce energy consumption
Hasan Basri Tosun, CEO of award-winning cleantech firm Sensgreen, is winning friends in influential places. Find out how
Robert Greg Shand’s sustainable designs reimagine Singapore’s future, celebrates its past
Greg Shand has left his mark on numerous high-profile projects in Singapore, ranging from a landmark community centre to plush residential villas
Proptech pioneers turn industry pain points into potential, easing Asia’s transformation
Disruption is revolutionising the property industry. These four proptech visionaries are among those renovating the face of real estate in Asia
Man of the hour: A chat with the father of Lan Kwai Fong
Dr. Allan Zeman shares his views on the future of Hong Kong and urban development around Asia
6 of the finest places to live, dine, party and shop in Cebu
With top-notch dining and nightlife burnishing a real estate renaissance, the capital of the southern Philippines is having a moment in the sun