A total of 20 awards await the best developers in Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou, Shenzhen, Hong Kong and Macau
Many of Mainland China and Hong Kong’s biggest developers have successfully made it on to the official shortlist for the second annual China Property Awards, part of the decade-old Asia Property Awards series – the largest real estate event programme in the region.
K. Wah International Holdings Limited and Sino-Ocean Land are the two companies in the running for the biggest award of the year for Best Developer (China). Sino-Ocean Land is also taking on the the housing segment in Beijing with its Ocean Palace project, nominated for the Best Residential Development (Beijing) gong.
Shenzhen Parkland Real Estate Development Co., Ltd. is also among the big nominees of the year, with citations for its luxury residential and commercial projects in Shenzhen.
Last year’s champion and five-time awardee, Henderson Land Development Company Limited, is back with three nods in the Hong Kong and Macau section of the awards, including Best Boutique Residential Development, Best Office Development, and Best Mixed-Use Development for its 18 On Land project located in one of the most affluent neighbourhoods and favourite dining spots in Central Hong Kong.
The developers and developments were shortlisted following a rigorous judging period spanning the last six months, with nominations submitted by industry players and the general public.
Overall, there will be 19 award categories covering the dynamic markets of Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou, Shenzhen, Hong Kong and Macau. The scope of the Awards is a demonstration of the rapid growth of the Chinese markets in the last several years. The top winners in the domestic markets will then compete in the ‘Best of the Best’ categories, with winners announced at the gala dinner.
“We’re delighted to return in China for a second year, with major developers and emerging talents in the country participating again,” said Terry Blackburn, CEO of Ensign Media, owner of the Awards and publisher of Asia’s industry-leading Property Report magazine. “Amidst the recent economic slowdown being witnessed across the country, we are here to shift the attention of the market to the most outstanding developments from the Mainland to Macau that truly deserve international recognition.”
The highly respected and independent panel of judges is again led by chairman Ivan Ko, who also chairs the China Real Estate Chamber of Commerce Hong Kong Chapter (CRECCHK), organiser of the China Property Awards 2015.
“The quality of developers and projects this year has gone up quite a lot especially in the major cities on Mainland China. It is impressive to see the improvements in concept, building quality and uses which cater very well to the rapidly changing consumer preference and experience of the purchasers and users in the mainland,” Ko said. “I am also glad to see that Hong Kong and Macau are keeping up with new and more efficient use of space.”
He added that the biggest advantage for the Chinese developers taking part in the China Property Awards – which is free-to-enter and widely recognised for fairness and transparency – is the international standard that sets it apart from other local awards in China.
“The China Property Awards represents a certain degree of international recognition that helps bridge the gap between the property markets in China and overseas. I would expect the response from Mainland China will grow strongly in the next few years down the road as the China Property Awards lifts industry standards and the overall market performance.”
In addition to the various award categories, the China Property Awards will be presenting the Real Estate Personality of the Year 2015 trophy to Dr Allan Zeman, chairman and founder of the Lan Kwai Fong Group, and developer of one of Hong Kong’s most iconic entertainment districts. A Hong Kong resident for more than four decades now, Zeman in recent years has championed the growth of domestic markets in Chengdu, Haikou, Wuxi and Shanghai. Zeman’s award was chosen by the editors of Property Report magazine and is the only one not selected by the independent judges panel.
The black-tie event will be hosted in association with CRECCHK’s 13th anniversary gala dinner on Monday, 7 December at the prestigious JW Marriott Hotel in Hong Kong.
Full shortlist of the China Property Awards 2015:
Best Developer (China)
- K. Wah International Holdings Limited
- Sino-Ocean Land
Best Residential Development (Beijing)
- China Lord Mansion 北京紫辰院 by Beijingjiayuanjingda Real Estate Investment Co. Ltd
- Ocean Palace (Beijing) 远洋天著by Sino-Ocean Land Holdings Limited
- Shoukai, Gaojing No.2 Plot首開 by BCDC (Beijing Capital Development Co., Ltd.)
Best Residential Development (Shanghai)
- The Amethyst, Shanghai 中海紫御豪庭 (Lot 6B and Lot 7C) by China Overseas Land & Investment Ltd.
- ONE Park 古北壹號 by FortuneLife Int’l (Shanghai) Co., Ltd.
- Queen’s Gate by Shanghai Guangnan Property Development Company Limited
Best Residential Development (Guangzhou)
- The Landmark 尚东·柏悦府 by Guangzhou Honghan Real Estate Development Co., Ltd.
Best Residential Development (Shenzhen)
- One Shenzhen Bay 深圳灣1號 by Shenzhen Parkland Real Estate Development Co., Ltd.
- Tiara 天颂 by MTR Property Development (Shenzhen) Company Limited
Best Luxury Residential Development (Hong Kong & Macau)
- Kau To Highland by Couture Homes Limited
- Ultima by Sun Hung Kai Properties
Best Boutique Residential Development (Hong Kong & Macau)
- CHI 138 by CHI residences
- High Park & High Park Grand (Sister Residential Towers) by Henderson Land Development Company Limited
Best Commercial Development (Shanghai)
- Mapletree Business City Shanghai & VivoCity Shanghai上海豐樹商業城、上海怡豐城 by Shanghai Lingfeng Real Estate Development Co., Ltd., a subsidiary of Mapletree
- The Place 虹桥南丰城 by Shanghai Huan Tian Property Development Co. Ltd.
Best Commercial Development (Guangzhou)
- Guangzhou CTF Finance Centre 广州周大福金融中心 by Guangzhou Xinyu Properties Co., Ltd.
Best Commercial Development (Shenzhen)
- One Bay 湾汇商业 by Shenzhen Parkland Real Estate Development Co., Ltd.
- Ping An IFC 深圳平安金融中心购物中心 by Ping An Group / Shenzhen Ping An Financial Centre Construction and Development Company Ltd.
Best Mixed-Use Development (Hong Kong & Macau)
- 18 On Lan by Henderson Land Development Company Limited
- Tower535 by Big Harvest International Limited & Orient Master Limited / Phoenix Property Investors
Best Commercial Development (Hong Kong & Macau)
- Global Trade Square by Henderson Land Development Company Limited / Hip Shing Hong Development Company Limited
- H.A.N.D.S by The Link Management Limited
- Hotel sáv by sáv Hospitality Group
- Galaxy Macau (Phase 2) by Galaxy Macau
Note: The ‘best of the best’ awards for Best Residential Development (China), Best Commercial Development (China) and Best Green Development (China) will be revealed during the gala dinner.
Navigating Malaysia’s real estate maze in the age of rising rates
Rising interest rates and housing affordability concerns weigh on Malaysia’s property market amidst a weaker growth outlook
From slump to stability: Is china’s housing market on the road to recovery?
China’s housing market finally recorded growth in the first quarter. But market analysts say it’s too soon to talk of a recovery despite positive signs
Mongolia’s capital at a crossroads: Ulaanbaatar’s rapid growth sparks urban planning dilemmas
Ulaanbaatar’s housing boom has exposed planning deficiencies within unprecedented growth
Meet the dynamic duo putting waste to work in Indonesia
Indonesian entrepreneurs Ovy Sabrina and Novita Tan have made a meaningful mark with their firm Rebricks