The PropertyGuru Asia Property Awards programme boasts an independent panel of industry experts and trusted supervisors at BDO, one of the world’s largest and award-winning auditing and accountancy networks, which has for more than decade now helped celebrate and promote the region’s real estate industry on the world stage.
The Awards have an unparalleled reputation for being credible, fair and transparent. Nominees of competitive awards are evaluated based on strict general criteria set by the independent judging panel.
For Developer awards, the judges carefully consider a company’s reputation, image and corporate social responsibility initiatives, overall track record, displays of innovation, and achievement in the past 12 months.
For Development and Design awards, entries are judged based on location, value for money, unique selling points, state of completion, sales success, design concept, site layout, innovation, use of space, quality of amenities, construction and materials used, and sustainable function.
The judging panels adhere to the following procedure
- The central judging panel meets, in the presence of a BDO representative, to discuss, select and agree upon a long list entrants per category.
- Local site visit teams are arranged, which may include members of the central panel of judges, to visit the site of each long-listed development to meet with senior executives and conduct a detailed inspection. If site visits for regional areas cannot be arranged, video presentations are obtained from entrants.
- The local site visit teams submit their scoring of the developments visited to BDO, for presentation at the final judges meeting.
- All site visit and central panel judges must declare any conflict of interest with entrants and are recused from scoring/voting on entries with which they have a conflict of interest.
- At the final judges meeting, in the presence of a BDO representative, the central panel agree upon the final shortlist, which comprises one Winner and up to four Highly Commended.
- The organizers will publicly announce the shortlist one month before the Gala Dinner.
- The Winners will be announced at the Gala Dinner.
Note: the only exception to the above procedures is for the Real Estate Personality of the Year awards, which are chosen by the Property Report editorial team and presented to an individual who they believe has personally excelled in their chosen field in the last year.
BDO is the Official Supervisor of the PropertyGuru Asia Property Awards
Leveraging upon its experience monitoring contests and award systems around the world, BDO is entrusted with overseeing the entire judging process, working with the organizers of the PropertyGuru Asia Property Awards for over a decade now to ensure that the judging is conducted fairly and with integrity.
BDO is one of the world’s largest network of accounting, tax and advisory firms, extending across 162 countries and territories, with almost 74,000 people working out of 1,500 offices. BDO firms the organisation cooperate closely and comply with consistent operating principles and quality standards, which provides clients with local resources and expertise related to specific industries. The global organisation was once again in October 2018 awarded the prestigious Network of the Year Award by the International Accounting Bulletin (IAB), which celebrates excellence in the accounting profession.
- BDO reviews completed entry forms to check that they meet
the published criteria.
- A BDO representative is present at Judges meetings to ensure that criteria and procedures are correctly followed.
- BDO representatives join selected site visits to check procedures are correctly followed.
- BDO approves all Winner and Highly Commended results from the Judges and presents the results to the organizers.
For more information about our Official Supervisor, visit the BDO website.